Saturday, July 4, 2009

Best intentions..

Well I haven't kept up with this blog like I wanted. I am a slacker but also I haven't had much to say lately. :)

Here is my June reading list. Sad list that it is.

1. No Time For Goodbye- Linwood Barclay. This is a suspense/mystery book. I know it sounds cliche but I could not put this one down. I like that the story was told from the point of view of the husband, I think it kept the the suspense high. I recommended this one to my Mother, the librarian and she loved it too.

2. A Secret Rage- Charlaine Harris. Very early Charlaine Harris mystery, nothing as good as the Sookie series, or even the Lily Bard series, but still a good read. Not a happy story by any means, but still worth a read.

3. Delicious- Sherry Thomas. I am becoming a fan girl for Sherry Thomas. I really enjoyed Delicous and these books have renewed my interest in historicals.

4. The Influence- Ramsay Campbell. About once a year I get in the mood for a horror story. Not just Stephen King who I would read anytime, but a really intense, scary, keep you up at night horror story. This was not it.

5. The Price of Pleasure- Kresley Cole. A book about a girl shipwrecked on an island? The LOST fan in me just had to read this book. Of cousrse this is historical romance,not strange mysterious t.v. show, but I was game. This books started really strong for me. I loved the scenes on the island and the thrill of the chase was fun, but about halfway through I just started getting bored. Mostly I wanted to beat the hero with a clue stick. Still not a bad read, certainly not the worst I have read this year.

6. 84, Charing Cross Road- Helene Hanff. I am an Anglophile, so I grabbed this book as soon as I got it in. It is short but very sweet. Over the course of 20 years the author had a correspondence with the employees of a rare bookstore in London. Originally she sends an inquiry to this store looking for some English literature that she cannnot find stateside. Her main correspondent was a man named Frank Doel and he kept her in books for the next two decades. Very quick read, but will stay with me for sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment